Jenkins X: Continuous Delivery for Java services in Kubernetes
In the last years, Kubernetes has emerged as a de facto platform to deploy and run Microservices in a Cloud Native fashion. As a result, CI/CD had become essential to deliver value to our customers faster and continuously.
This workshop will introduce you to a new open source project, Jenkins X which is an open source CI/CD platform for Kubernetes based on Jenkins.
You will learn:
- How to setup your own Jenkins based CI/CD system on your cloud of choice
- Quickly get started deploying new Java microservices with automated CI/CD
- Import existing Java projects with automated CI/CD
- Use Pull Requests to trigger CI, Preview Environments, human approval then a full CD release
- Development workflow with IntelliJ, DevPots and Jenkins X
After this workshop, you should be able to develop Java microservices at full speed with CI/CD on any Kubernetes cluster or cloud.
The main target of this workshop are Java Developers and Software Architects.
- You should have basic knowledge of CI/CD, Kubernetes, Cloud development and Git.
- This workshop will be held in English.
Laptop with local admin rights.
Software Engineer with a passion for open source software and automation. I spend the last years building scalable cloud based services running in containers and orchestrated by Kubernetes. These days I am member of Jenkins X team at CloudBees.